Thursday, July 21, 2011

Domestic Violence Order?

I was married for 7 out of 11 years to the father of my children. We legally seperated on Jan. 18, 2007. We have lived apart, not been intimate, and have not had to get anything legalized as far as custody of the children goes. He has been getting them each weekend for the past few months and returning them on Sunday evenings. I really thought we could work an agreement out without the courts until he found out I moved on and have been dating a new man. Suddenly "Ralph" flipped out, breaking into my home and getting violent with me. Hence, I went on Thursday and had to take out a Domestic Protection/Domestic Violence Protection order and emergency custody orders out against him. "Ralph" has threatend to douse me in gasoline and light me on fire....I put nothing past him. Anyhow, I left town for a few days. My question is, How can I be assured he was served his papers? I live in Onslow County, NC and he lives in Pender County, NC. I took the papers out in Onslow and know they had to be transferred to Pender in order for him to be served. It's driving me insane not knowing if he has gotten them as the emergency order is good for ten days. After which I have to go back to court on the 28th to extend it for up to two years. I can't contact him to ask him of course and he hasn't said anything to me regarding papers. Any help would so greatly be appreciated. How can I find out if he was served the papers???

No comments:

Post a Comment