Saturday, July 23, 2011

I can't get rid of this perfume smell?

I got a case for my Nintendo DS, and it smelled horrible. It was a "new plastic" scent from hell, strong and really bad. So I found some perfume, Japanese Cherry Blossom from Bath and Body Works, and spritzed it twice..once on both sides. I was pretty happy because the new plastic scent went away. But then for some reason the smell of the perfume started getting stronger. It got to the point where I could smell it from upstairs behind a closed door while I was sitting downstairs. I tried stuffing it with paper and putting other stuff in there to absorb the smell. It didn't work. If anything, it got even more overbearing. Yesterday I scrubbed it with various soaps including shampoo, and then I soaked it in a pan full of soapy water for a few hours. When I pulled it out, it STILL smelled like perfume. Finally, I doused it in vinegar, let it sit like that for a while, then let it soak in new soapy water over night (to get rid of the vinegar smell.) The vinegar smell left..but I'm sure you know what still remained. :P The perfume smell. Is there no way to get rid of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment