Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nervous to start accutane because of hair loss potential?? Help?

Hi I'm a 21 year old female and I'm about to start a lower dose regimen of either 20 mg or 30 mg of accutane per day. I am VERY scared about the potential to lose hair; mild to moderate hair loss seems to be a common side effect. My question is, have any of you who have been on accutane, especially at a lower dose, experienced hair loss? I am hoping that the lower dose will reduce my chances of observing this side effect. Also, if I take prenatal vitamins along with a biotin supplement, along with dousing my hair in hair oil in order to prevent breakage, do you think this could prevent hair loss? Please help; I need to be on this medication to treat my persistent acne but I'm terrified of losing my hair. Thank you for your help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment