Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is this extract from my novel interesting?

I actually found it confusing and hard work to read. It is a riot scene with no hint of what the characters are like. What is an "intimidation school foyer" or do you mean 'intimidating?' There is no description of place or any characters and far too much is going on at the same time. I have seen a few fights in my time but this seemed to be rather over the top and not very realistic. Also I found the names you use rather hard work and difficult to remember. I know that is probably the names that the young have nowadays but it is still confusing. Aspen, Perenelle, Tarja and Kelise don't really do anything for me at all - but I agree I am old. Also if this took place in a foyer where on earth did the magnesium strip, hydrochloric acid and even a bucket of bleach come from? Ten out of ten for effort but it does need sorting out and toning down. Good luck with your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment